Home || Start || The Plan || The Parts || Progress Log || Pictures
 
October, 2007:
Purchased and installed Saddleman seat.
 
October, 2007 - April 23, 2008
In shop - repairs and winter storage.
 
April 1, 2008
Excitement mounting... started buying parts!
 
April 4, 2008
Some of the decals have arrived. Still looking for the right barbed wire look, though. Talked to the tech today. He had to order a seal for the petcock because gas leaked when he put fresh gas in her. Told him I had pipes coming and to order a jet kit. Bike should be ready (weather permitting) by the end of the week.
 
April 9, 2008
Pipes arrived! Somewhat scratched, but that was anticipated and is one of the reasons I'm wrapping them. Other than that, they look cool. Oh yeah, ordered new HP Plus baffles for them.
 
April 11, 2008
Got the old baffles out of the pipes in preparation for the HP Plus baffles I ordered. Exhaust wrap showed up on the doorstep today. Now I just gotta figure out how to wrap the pipes before they're put on, since they're two-piece pipes and I don't want to screw up the alignment.
 
April 12, 2008
Figured the pipe issue out. I'm gonna have the tech mount them (he's a lot faster than I am), rejet the carb and adjust it. Then I'll bring the bike home, loosen the pipes and wrap them. Should work, I think.
 
April 15, 2008
Dropped the pipes off at the 'stealer'. Hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week. I really need a ride!
 
April 23, 2008
FINALLY! Got the bike back. Runs great... sounds awesome. Now to get everything else together and get busy.
 
May 15, 2008
Put the new bags (Saddleman) and new windshield on. Discovered another oil leak - clutch pushrod is leaking just a tiny bit.
 
May 30, 2008
Got the bike back from an independent shop that was supposed to replace the clutch push rod. He couldn't even get the right part. Ordered it myself. Was a little apprehensive about replacing it, but it was a piece of cake. Leak resolved.
 
June 4, 2008
Put in the new baffles. Sounds even better than it did with the stock V&H baffles.
 
June 5, 2008
Installed the exhaust wrap. Not as big a job as I thought it was gonna be. Total time, from pipe removal to reinstallation was just over 4 hours. Got just the look I wanted.
 
November 6, 2008
Put the bike away for the winter. Looks like the project is done for this year. Next Spring I'm taking a trip to Las Vegas on her so I'm gonna have to finish it up. Looking forward to completing it.
 
April 9, 2009
Okay, time to finish the project. Decided the Saddleman seat has to go. Opted for a solo look, so I ordered a Corbin seat and a fender rack. Time to get busy with disassembly and paint.
 
April 10, 2009
Fenders and tank are done... paint and graphics. I think they look great and it's just the look I was hoping for. Still have a lot of painting to do because I've opted for as much of a "blacked out" look as I can possibly get.
 
April 11, 2009
Took the new whitewall tires and wheels to the shop to be mounted. Stripped the bike pretty much down to the frame for painting. Decided to paint the best I can with the motor still in the frame. I think if I mask it off well enough I'll be fine.
 
April 16, 2009
Got the frame painted and the wheels back on. It's really starting to take shape. The more I get done the more it's starting to look likel the bike I pictured in my mind. I'm getting really excited to see the finished product!
 
April 30, 2009
Well, it's finished! And I can't believe how awesome it turned out. It's EXACTLY what I had pictured. Never thought I could do it, but sure as hell proved myself wrong! And, finished well under budget!!
 
Next